I'm a big fan of Candy Chang's work in New Orleans who constantly comes up with great ideas to make cities more comfortable for people. Inspired by one of her projects called Neighborland, here's my list of what I feel would make Ottawa a better place to live in.
- More plants and flowers outside
- Cleaner streets
- More fountains
- More parks and nice places for people to hang out
- More stylish boutiques on Bank Street
- Better shopping options on Sparks Street
- Nicer dance clubs
- Nicer and more creative window displays
- Better care and maintenance of existing buildings
- Cool coffee shops opened till 3 AM
- Less pubs and more lounges
What do you want in Ottawa? Feel free to add your own list in the comments below or on our Facebook page. Check back often for updates.